WWII OFFLINE UNMODDED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post about the MMORPG.com forum

+8
Coldcrab
BodkinBarb3r
cobray
HaughtKarl
pittpete
WStriker
Szyporyn
Admin
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Post about the MMORPG.com forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Post about the MMORPG.com forum

Post by BodkinBarb3r Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:26 pm

There behavior to me seems like they are detached from they are expecting subscribers to financially pay. If you were selling some one off $3 iphone app you could be probally be as much of a dick as you want, you've got all the money you need.

15 players leaving for a year sets them back about $1000 in annual revenue (with a negligible decrease in variable costs). In other games devs could be bad to players and it wouldn't do much as they've already got their money (if one off purchase) or loss in revenue per player is neglible. However with this game loose a squad and it borkes things up. Thus keeping your existing players is the most important thing. One happy player can help introduce 5+ more players to the game. Instead you get the "our way or the highway", "you don't know the facts" then "unsubscribing isn't the way...". Funny thing it took people unsubscribing for them to recognise that they pissed up. However though they recognised they still didn't change their ways.

WW2OL can't retain new players. The crappy user interface (UI) means new players walk around places where there is nothing happening. That's what players mean when they say "Lack of action" on the exit polls not "the game needs wack a mole mickey mouse FRU's and 0 ZOC's". They base their future development on flimsy exit polls with open ended answers. It's that new players don't know where to go.

BodkinBarb3r

Back to top Go down

Post about the MMORPG.com forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Post about the MMORPG.com forum

Post by HuskerGI aka Axishatr Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:58 pm

pete where you are now is where I've been for the last 5 years. Some call it butt hurt, or sick....whatever. When a person gets pushed to the max you get what you get.

Do I really want the game to die. No.

I have a great group of people whom I consider friends playing still. Most of which are die hard supporters of the game no matter what. I am sure they do not agree with things I've said and some may even hate me a little for being such an anti CRS person.

It's who I am. You take the good and bad and have to deal with it in any persons case. Mine is no different. I simply don't take shit off people and I don't like getting jerked around, assulted, and then locked away to rot without responding back to people that cornered me.

I was locked out twice over my 10+ year span of playing this game. One time a direct conflict with DOC and his riddle posting ways. His lack of care and respect for the playerbase. His general actions with everything. The second time was an ongoing debate/arguement with the company about shoebox games and the directions some idiots with a marker board decided to take wwiiol. I raised hell the first day that Bloody Battles was brought up. I called them out after jumping my shit that "asking" the community was all smoke and mirrors. The decision was already made to DO bloddy battles and I told them at that time I bet they were making a new shoebox game.......and that BB was the "test the waters" way of desensitizing people before the full transistion. I even got hunted down on my squads teamspeak server (don't know where xoom got the info from or why he was allowed to infiltrate our secure privately owned TS server) but I was cornered one evening about my anti BB actions and words. Gestapo like questions and pressure to "blend in".

Well, as I've told you, that crap doesn't fly with me.

Forward ahead a half a year and guess what? Yep, RA crap released little by little.

Made me mad to think that builder accounts and all the donated money to FIX WWIIOL was used to feed RA research. They can say what they want, but without receipes their words are worth nothing. It's pretty clear money coming in went to help RA at some level.

For all this "F" CRS. I hope THEY fail. But I hope the game lives. Can I have both those? LOL Probably not. I do love the game......

DOC is such a pussy. He posts videos and threads about all the whiners in game, but he's the biggest one of them all. He's the guy that is miserable. Stuck in a job that he hates working to barely support his rent and motorcycle habit. Poor guy. No wonder he is such a tool.

Nice to see xoom having a linkedin page showing who's got WWIIOL control. xoom answers to doc and the CEO of playnet. That's it.

So your continued subscriptions support xoom (limited), doc, and whomever is the evil bastard CEO. Anyone ever get that douches name?

S!

(just my opinion...)

pittpete wrote:
cobray wrote:
pittpete wrote:Yuppp sunny

Says Hero Builder Pittpete.
You were one of the reasons the MMORPG forum got closed between you and Stug always cheerleading for CRS.
You should have stuck to responding to CRS tickets on the troubleshooting forum.
Kind of odd how you change your opinion of the game that quickly.
Question

LOL, not anymore.
This has to be the stupidest company I've ever seen.
They can't get the account system working which means no new players.
Games in the shitter and DOC takes a months vacation.
Not getting my $$$$ any more.
There are no hopes of getting a coder in.
It's just a said state.

HuskerGI aka Axishatr

Back to top Go down

Post by BodkinBarb3r Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:26 pm

The CEO's 'Maypole'

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/content/article/39-staff-profiles/1307-staff-profiles

Ironic that one of his biggest dislikes is "bad waitresses & waiters". He would know all about good service right...

He stays in the background so much though I do wonder whether he's just there to give things a bit more credibility. He's certainly far from a bigshot but he was in a higher up position for the company that did 'Warbirds' so he has a few connections in the industry.

Can't be sure on where the power lies but 'Killer' was much more active. He left after RA kickstarter didn't work so feels like he might of been the one that changed the course then abandoned ship

BodkinBarb3r

Back to top Go down

Post by BodkinBarb3r Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:40 pm

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Texas/Bedford/john-macqueen/35474036.aspx

Jim and John seem to have connections to a company called 'Wildcard Software' Don't know if that is a defunct company related to when they started up Playnet they were going to use their resources e.g. accountancy, IT for more revenue.

xoom mentioned on MMORPG that people didn't know about what is happening behind the scenes and what businesses are behind the game.

I have it somewhere that maypole was involved with a company that did online gambling/card games which was sold on

BodkinBarb3r

Back to top Go down

Post by pittpete Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:23 pm

Hey Axishatr, no problem.
I want the game to live but it doesn't seem that way.
I just can't keep giving my $$$ to them with these decisions they keep making.
First they get some heroes and then when it reaches a 150 Xoom says no guarantee of a coder.
No guarantee of a coder with 300 either.
Thats when I said I had enough.
I think it's a $$$ grab right now.
I hope I'm wrong and they can surprise us but I doubt it.

pittpete

Back to top Go down

Post by HaughtKarl Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:14 am

Woah, I didn't know Killer bailed after the failed kickstarter. Way back in the cretaceous period of WW2OL, he used to be pretty active on the forums but he largely went silent after "LMGs in 1.3" failed to materialized. I don't think the community ever let him live that one down. It seemed like every post below Killer's was ribbing him over LMGs 1.3.

Speaking of Rat side businesses, there's this thing here.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/12/prweb9033762.htm

along with a working link.

http://reichofthedead.com/

I wonder if subscriber money is being siphoned to build Reich of the Dead.

HaughtKarl

Back to top Go down

Post by david06 Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:45 am

lol going to that reichofthedead site I see two links:

--The link to Reaper Minatures goes to a pretty well laid-out site with product offerings and links to stuff their community might be interested in like an ongoing kickstarter. There seem to be news updates about once a week.

--The link to Playnet Inc. goes to a high contrast brown-and-brown list of announcements. Five of Xoom's entries from last year, and then one from Rafter back in 2010. The last update was in December and at first I have no idea WTF I'm even looking at.

So yeah, I'd say CRS is definitely involved with that project...wonder if Maypole used funds from somewhere else or if it was ww2online's subs that paid for those rights.

david06

Back to top Go down

Post by BodkinBarb3r Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:15 am

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-macqueen/7/3a6/936

Seems I might of got it a bit off, he bailed according to him in June (however putting it back a month is rather convenient to avoid a failed fundraiser).

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/forum/50-reich-of-the-dead/

That forum is super dead. I seriously hope Reaper Minatures sold the 'rights' to their game so they could get $50 and make both parties look important as from I can see the games been around for a while and it certainly doesn't have a massive grassroots support.

Now I would say that a DayZ like zombie game on the ww2map would be interesting. You could say 'join a group' and have territories and your own capital e.g. Antwerp, Liege, Verdun etc and you would fight against other groups or make alliances and what not like Eve online. Of course the latter would need development of lots of game mechanics.

Even then if they could model some ai zombie types then it would be a blast to have a survival game where 8-16 people could group up and defend a town or purposefully designed area against an onslaught of zombies which get harder over time. Rifles, LMG's, grenadiers, tanks, AA and ATG guns all shooting streams of simple ai zombies. THAT is what would get interest in the game and its not beyond whats impossible. They could even make the 'zombie' models the original WW2OL inf models lol. Instead they go for the extreme money waster RA which just offers the same thing other games offer but is 5-7 years out of date.

Now if Maypole has extorted WW2online finances for his own personal gain (he is the president after all) then the community has to make sure that any future players/customers of his that WW2ol players were cheated by emotional pleas and false promises to give money that was going straight into Maypole's pockets. For reasons such as CRS not actually selling a physical product, players not actually having a stake in the business (though they feel like they do) and the nature of the ToS Maypole is legally in the clear so former customers can't legally challenge him. That's not to say he should be allowed to draw other people in without them knowing what he has potentially done.

BodkinBarb3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Argel Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:10 pm

I was going to say that all this is very tenuous particularly regarding legal stuff, but I'm past the point of defending them. It does seem to be that the only way they learn is through negative stuff. I'd rather they were forced to reveal who or what Maypole is - I personally think he may just be a 'front' for the fact that Doc and Gophur are pretty much a 2 man team now) but who knows?

Do find it a bit odd that CRS is paying 2 producers to produce nothing though, and a community manager who presumably had a big impact on the MMORPG fiasco.

Argel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2