WWII OFFLINE UNMODDED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DOC's life philosophy is back

+4
Socom
Szyporyn
HaughtKarl
BodkinBarb3r
8 posters

Go down

DOC's life philosophy is back Empty DOC's life philosophy is back

Post by BodkinBarb3r Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:53 pm

Fresh thoughts from doc that explains everything in the world and how it's everyone else's fault.

For many people, bitterness is their own reward. Generally they make up stuff to take into account how little they really know about what they assume makes them bitter. What is really responsible for their bitterness of course, is themselves. They choose the worst reward because they can't imagine a better one for themselves being a fact rather than a dream.

They wouldn't last 5 minutes making any progress in our world, where Xoom, Dana, myself and those here still hanging in there with hope for where this games future might one day lie, and who front up every day to try and reach that point (with all our wonderful supporters) when if we weren't doing all we could we just wouldn't show up anymore ... we aren't getting any huge rewards to keep us here and doing the near impossible ... the bitter people just haven't got what it takes. Mostly that's how to deal with realities that don't resemble the way you'd like them to be.

BodkinBarb3r

Back to top Go down

DOC's life philosophy is back Empty Re: DOC's life philosophy is back

Post by HaughtKarl Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:08 pm

Heh, what prompted that from Doc?

HaughtKarl

Back to top Go down

Post by Szyporyn Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:32 am

I lol'ed

Szyporyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Socom Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:40 pm

How the fuck is this guy an author? His posts are absolute gibberish.

Socom

Back to top Go down

Post by david06 Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:54 pm

HaughtKarl wrote:Heh, what prompted that from Doc?
Chief griped that a company which spent the last few years working on a failed Call of Duty clone and released a broken client was now asking for more charity. It's quoted here but I thought that I'd put in Xoom's excellent customer relations on display.

DOC's life philosophy is back 3471f6b0-6271-4762-a42f-1b6ddb526a4f

I don't want to tell them that there probably aren't 300 unique daily visitors to their forums, let alone people that are willing to pay $30/month to a company that has admitted that it can't work on it's own code.

Doc sounded either angry or annoyed during the rat chat. The guy has issues. To hear them talk it's not their fault for their current situation; they basically blame their subscribers for everything.

david06

Back to top Go down

Post by pittpete Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:09 pm

David, I was at the RATCHAT and while I think DOC is still a douche I didn't get the feeling he was blaming the playerbase what so ever.
CRS or whats left of them don't have any other choices.
They've made that clear, time and time again.
It's up to us and our $$$$ if we want to keep playing.
If the game doesn't get a coder or a miraculous influx of new subs, this is what we're stuck with.
Yeah, it sucks right now but to keep reiterating how they screwed up in the past doesn't change what it is right now.
Even Huskergi has changed his opinion because of his love for the game or what it used to be.

pittpete

Back to top Go down

Post by cobray Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:27 pm

pittpete wrote:It's up to us and our $$$$ if we want to keep playing.

They brought the problems on themselves. They never seem to admit that.
Now it's "if you wan't to keep playing we need 300 hero subscriptions. If you don't do that, the game will continue in this vegetative state. We are lucky to break even"

In other words, it's our fault that the game dies if we don't start paying $29.99 for an inferior product and CRS triple pinky swears they won't re-nig on what's promised

Not flying this time. Might have flew in 2010. Not now.

cobray

Back to top Go down

Post by BodkinBarb3r Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:21 pm

It's insulting their arguments in justifying RA. $0.00 from ww2online to RA? Who pays the salaries of the employees. xoom said in the rat chat that ww2online could not pay for them but who would actually invest in RA? Especially considering that when it was 'revealed' they had only developed it for 3 months.

Americans? 1 infantry model and 3.5 new guns. Most of the equipment is stuff the french have and the americans are a boring persona that lacks variety. 1 AA gun, 2 ATG's, 3 tanks, no ATR's, no grenadiers, no mortarmen....

And xoom can fuck off. Platimun builders pay like what? $5000 and he gets treated like shit. xoom would be fucking nothing without his silverspoon upbringing and I doubt he's ever really paid for his own subscription as his income is bankrolled by his parents. Sadly things like that just make what are development issues personal.

BodkinBarb3r

Back to top Go down

Post by BodkinBarb3r Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEcIrjN6yDE

Important to communicate our experiences so potential consumers do not get conned

BodkinBarb3r

Back to top Go down

Post by hmm Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:01 pm

david06 wrote:
HaughtKarl wrote:Heh, what prompted that from Doc?
Chief griped that a company which spent the last few years working on a failed Call of Duty clone and released a broken client was now asking for more charity. It's quoted here but I thought that I'd put in Xoom's excellent customer relations on display.

DOC's life philosophy is back 3471f6b0-6271-4762-a42f-1b6ddb526a4f

I don't want to tell them that there probably aren't 300 unique daily visitors to their forums, let alone people that are willing to pay $30/month to a company that has admitted that it can't work on it's own code.

Doc sounded either angry or annoyed during the rat chat. The guy has issues. To hear them talk it's not their fault for their current situation; they basically blame their subscribers for everything.

Haha wow.

It's like you as a player can't criticize CRS or their game because the minute you do you'll get people like XOOM to "remind" you that you're a supporter, and as a supporter you aren't allowed to say such things because that's what KILLS this game and KEEPS it at the state it's in. I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a suggestively threatening donation link at the end of his post.. "come on, do your part and all will be forgotten, pal." Rolling Eyes

So it wasn't profits from WWIIOL that paid for RA? Okay. Well, wherever you got your money to fund RA could have and should have went to WWIIOL instead. And it's not just the money itself. It's the time and effort lost on that garbage of a game that didn't need hindsight to tell you was going to fail.

Why the few put up with this stuff is beyond me. Maybe they just have battered person syndrome? Wink

hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum