WWII OFFLINE UNMODDED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I recently unsubbed(just for Cobray)

5 posters

Go down

Why I recently unsubbed(just for Cobray) Empty Why I recently unsubbed(just for Cobray)

Post by pittpete Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:06 pm

I've unsubbed and my account will be inactive starting in April.
I was a Hero Builder and I tried my hardest to help support the game on the WWII forums,the MMORPG forums and any place else I could.
I did it for selfish reasons.
I did it because I wanted the game to be better for me.
The more people playing, the better the game.
The majority of my playing time was late US East Coast timezone due to work schedule.
Currently that TZ has been a ghost town part in fact to DOC's cleansing of the Axis HC.
I posted this for Cobray,Rendus or whatever name he is using lately.
If I was enjoying the game I would have no problem continuing to pay for it.
When/if the games pop increases or I get the itch to play with my squad I will resub.

pittpete

Back to top Go down

Why I recently unsubbed(just for Cobray) Empty Re: Why I recently unsubbed(just for Cobray)

Post by david06 Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:31 am

Yep I'm in Virginia but I have a weird schedule sometimes so I used to play a lot during TZ3...we got thrown under the bus.

It was fun even if we were losing because someone in the OKW would say "screw the P1" and setup something stupid/fun for us all to do. There might've been 50 players online but 47 of them were on the ground and you had more people willing to run FRUs or blow FBs than during the primes times...it was a good little community.

I'm locked in at the $9.99 rate so I might stay subbed just to see them finally sell the game or shut down the server.

150 or so people paying $30/month and all that happens is the account page breaks for an extended period, stats stay down and DOC takes a vacation.

david06

Back to top Go down

Why I recently unsubbed(just for Cobray) Empty Re: Why I recently unsubbed(just for Cobray)

Post by pittpete Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:00 am

Yep Dave, that bothered me a little also.
150 x $30 = $4500,broken stats,broken signup pages & a month long vacation for DOC.
Seems about right No

pittpete

Back to top Go down

Post by hmm Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:34 am

pittpete wrote:Yep Dave, that bothered me a little also.
150 x $30 = $4500,broken stats,broken signup pages & a month long vacation for DOC.
Seems about right No

Yup, and the remaining core subscribers who willfully keep their heads up their own asses and convinced themselves nothing is wrong. Why? Because of the fear of losing the friendships and community they've been building for the last ten years. Rolling Eyes

That's the problem with this game and why things will never change. It's because of the above players who spoon feed CRS with reaffirmation that these naysayers are just whiny disgruntled haters and that their complaints and concerns shouldn't and don't matter.

Which that is why you and the other certain individuals raided the MMORPG forums. You guys convinced yourself it was because they were scaring away potential customers.. but the truth of the matter is that deep down you knew this game will never pick itself back up. You were just afraid that those ex-players would actually convince the current players who were on the fence to actually unsubscribe from the game. And that can't happen because they're the lifeblood for this game.. what with their multiple accounts and all. Laughing When they go? So does the game.

Sorry. Went off on a little irrelevant rant there. Laughing

hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by rendus Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:38 am

pittpete wrote:I've unsubbed and my account will be inactive starting in April.
I posted this for Cobray,Rendus or whatever name he is using lately.

Who the fuck is Cobray?

I've been Rendus since 2001, and nothing else.

rendus

Back to top Go down

Post by cobray Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:46 am

Rendus, it goes like this:

Disgruntled player #1: The game is hosed. I asked why CRS can do A,B and C and not X,Y,Z. Its been a big problem for a long time and anytime you talk about it on playskewl they shut me down
Fanboi: It's because you suck at the game
Disgruntled player #1: I've been playing since day 1 these are legitimate concerns
Fanboi: Game no dead. Problem must be you. Bang bang. Game not dead.
Disgruntled player #2: CRS shut me down for saying the same thing
Fanboi: Oh hey look its player <xyz> hey remember that time you did that thing back in 2004 you are a tool. Lots of people playuing.
Disgruntled player: It says kpm 0.9 low population
Fanboi: Hundreds of players on must be you

Typical CRS tactic. Change the subject and attack the player.
Its all they have left now

cobray

Back to top Go down

Post by david06 Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:56 am

cobray wrote:Typical CRS tactic. Change the subject and attack the player.

Just about the only aspect in which CRS has been consistent in has been blaming their blaming their subscribers and community for their problems.

I need to find the post but last year he made a post about how they'll make it as long as "you don't bail on us"...yeah, the players who had been playing with the nearly-broken 1.34 client for over a year finally unsubscribe, and Doc thinks they're the ones deserting the company.

david06

Back to top Go down

Post by rendus Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:10 pm

cobray wrote:Rendus, it goes like this:

Disgruntled player #1: The game is hosed. I asked why CRS can do A,B and C and not X,Y,Z. Its been a big problem for a long time and anytime you talk about it on playskewl they shut me down
Fanboi: It's because you suck at the game
Disgruntled player #1: I've been playing since day 1 these are legitimate concerns
Fanboi: Game no dead. Problem must be you. Bang bang. Game not dead.
Disgruntled player #2: CRS shut me down for saying the same thing
Fanboi: Oh hey look its player <xyz> hey remember that time you did that thing back in 2004 you are a tool. Lots of people playuing.
Disgruntled player: It says kpm 0.9 low population
Fanboi: Hundreds of players on must be you

Typical CRS tactic. Change the subject and attack the player.

Pleased to meet you Cobray! Wink

rendus

Back to top Go down

Post by cobray Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:52 pm

Thanks for making a thread all about me. I think everyone in CRS deserves a fair wage, healthcare and a pension which is why you need to pay your hero subscription. What say you PITTPETE?. Are we done here?

cobray

Back to top Go down

Post by pittpete Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:56 pm

done, you done?

pittpete

Back to top Go down

Post by cobray Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Yea Im done. Since you chose to start the thread how about giving me the courtesy of having the last word.

cobray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum