Re: If you were to grade CRS

Post by Szyporyn on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:14 am

Szyporyn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by david06 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:06 am

Ouch.

I can't say that I have much sympathy for them though.

I feel like an idiot for dropping $30 on Rapid Assault; that project is now dead and the narrative has gone from "vital to ww2online's success!" to "just a tech demo, no subscription money went towards it and we barely spent any time on it".

Now they're fleecing the last remnant of the community for $30/month. I feel bad for most of them, they are just mil-simmers who don't want to see their game die.

david06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HaughtKarl on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:05 pm

What were they selling by charging for RA? Was it early beta access or something else? Have they rolled that money over to subscription time for those that paid into since RA will probably never be released?

I notice the RA home page doesn't appear when searching for it on Google. The Kickstarter page still has CRS' failed RA kickstarter attempt (that's gotta sting) and the url http://www.rapidassaultgame.com/ is dead.

HaughtKarl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by david06 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:10 pm

HaughtKarl wrote:What were they selling by charging for RA? Was it early beta access or something else? Have they rolled that money over to subscription time for those that paid into since RA will probably never be released?

I notice the RA home page doesn't appear when searching for it on Google. The Kickstarter page still has CRS' failed RA kickstarter attempt (that's gotta sting) and the url http://www.rapidassaultgame.com/ is dead.
It was early access initially, then they started their "RA must succeed for ww2online to survive!" campaign and I think they opened beta access up to everyone. I actually thought that although arcade it would be a fun CoD2 adapation with more realism, but it was freaking awful.

The rats obviously do not understand level design, they are also tone-deaf when it comes to marketing. The Normandy beach landing...seriously? That was done a decade ago and people are more likely to roll their eyes than be enticed when they see that scenario.

The RA beta forums are still up but the last rat to post there was Gophur back in March. There isn't going to be any roll-over of money for people who bought in to Rapid Assault; some guy dropped $100 and a few weeks ago Gophur basically told him that he wasn't guaranteed anything when he paid and to just shut up.

I honestly have no idea how they allocated their income or employee hours the past few years. You had Kfs1, Ramp, and Martini doing the coding stuff I think, an artist, at least one intern, Rafter who although a nice guy was kind of useless, Doc and Gophur were producers(who apparently can't do anything with the code) and Maypole was a CEO/producer I think. You then had Motormouth as the head community liason/whatever; I'm not sure how many other community people were being paid. Might've missed a few people...

david06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down