WWII OFFLINE UNMODDED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would make WWIIOL better? Maybe some food for CRS to chew on.....

+4
Hastati
cobray
pittpete
HuskerGI aka Axishatr
8 posters

Go down

What would make WWIIOL better?  Maybe some food for CRS to chew on..... Empty What would make WWIIOL better? Maybe some food for CRS to chew on.....

Post by HuskerGI aka Axishatr Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:15 pm

Post up some ideas. What things would make the game more enjoyable for you? Maybe even a policy change to make the community more enjoyable for you?

Just interested...

For me fixing stats, fixing CTD issues that linger, banning the real enemies of the game-cheaters, no CRS control or vetos with map moves and game outcome, and not allowing doc in the forums or to talk to customers directly.

edit: oh yeah, go back to having a coder and doing dev. updates to the game. Lower sub price for ALL.

Last edited by HuskerGI aka Axishatr on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

HuskerGI aka Axishatr

Back to top Go down

What would make WWIIOL better?  Maybe some food for CRS to chew on..... Empty Re: What would make WWIIOL better? Maybe some food for CRS to chew on.....

Post by pittpete Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:24 pm

For me
-I dont care about stats
-keep DOC out of the forums
-hire a coder
-finish 1.35
-more AO's
-get rid of FB guarding(used to be great when the game had a high pop, but now is ridiculous)
-make RDP more meaningful
-lower sub rate
-go back to the old close quarter combat code with less delay

pittpete

Back to top Go down

What would make WWIIOL better?  Maybe some food for CRS to chew on..... Empty Re: What would make WWIIOL better? Maybe some food for CRS to chew on.....

Post by cobray Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:37 pm

Nothing can be done.
Game needs to die at this point.
Everything that it was, is gone.
Never to return again.
That's just the brutal reality.

cobray

Back to top Go down

Post by Hastati Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:40 pm

A new company running it.

Hastati

Back to top Go down

Post by BodkinBarb3r Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:16 pm

- Treat customers with respect
- Publicly speak out about exploitative behaviour e.g. clipping, plug pulling
- Stop milking vets at $18 a month while new premium players pay $10 per month recurring
- Give doc a special cubicle in the office with no ability to speak to players
- Change FRU's so they are linked back to trucks and only 1 fru can only be made by an infantry per mission
- Polish RA and release even if its only 1 map
- Provide community members with the tools to create content e.g. new town maps, vehicle art, vehicle damage models/research
- Make shrek/bazooka troops less mobile, don't come with round in chamber and dont take 0.5 seconds to reload

They've wasted so much time that it's pointless to say big things like lay the groundwork for a new engine or make more units. They can only do small things but just making spawns link back to trucks will be a big improvement.

BodkinBarb3r

Back to top Go down

Post by david06 Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:58 am

Stats definitely need to come back, they are really important for the air war.

Raise the AO limit to something ridiculous, like 50.

Whatever they can do to play with the unit database, like move all the armor in to the armor brigades and have nearly all the infantry in the infantry brigades.

Lower depot capture timers(this doesn't require a client update I think?)

Basically they need to try out a few things to spice up the game, get more people back and a higher population. So what if one of the suggestions above don't work? Big deal, try something else.

They are just sitting on their deteriorating game and their dwindling player base. What's their total subscriber numbers now, they can't expect everyone to become a builder can they?

Hastati wrote:A new company running it.

This unfortunately.

I love helping out these small projects, games that are in their alpha states, etc. but the guys like Doc are so infuriating that I almost want to see them fail.

david06

Back to top Go down

Post by hmm Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:06 am

What would make WWIIOL better? Starting fresh with a completely new company to fund and develop the game.

cobray wrote:Nothing can be done.
Game needs to die at this point.
Everything that it was, is gone.
Never to return again.
That's just the brutal reality.

Yup.

This game is completely fucked. You can wish, suggest and even plead with CRS but it's just not going to happen. This game is stuck in an endless cycle: they need money to continue development for this game, but potential players won't subscribe because of the lack of development.

It's why you see players like Stug fighting tooth and nail. It's because they know the hard reality that this game is never going to pick itself back up.. but it will at the very least remain in the state that it's currently in so long as they keep the current core members subscribed. Of course I'm preaching to the choir here, aren't I?

hmm

Back to top Go down

Post by HuskerGI aka Axishatr Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:07 am

Get somebody to do some work! Played last night via free play since it was squad night and yes, my friends still play. The play wasn't to bad as there seemed to be quite a few on target. However, there was basically one AO the majority of the night. After the allies took a major town there was a shift of direction. They were overpop and rolling and we decide to try to take a town that was stacked with axis equipment and we had little to take it with. While over pop, either side should have several AO's going to stretch the already thin opposite team out further. Didn't happen. Why? I think there was control of target placing again....

The other thing that pisses me off is that the allies reached tier before the axis (could be the other way so don't jump me for being side biased, this is just an example and bet has happened to the axis before) but the allies should have had semi autos and their toys before the axis side (slightly). However, since doc is on god damn vacation and he wont show anyone else how to do it, allies had to wait for americans to be allowed in because they have to do it manually. WTF? Why are we even playing...?????

Just let the game run as a sim for Doc to enjoy then. Like the Whopper on War Games. Doc can move the pieces around on both sides and try to out smart himself.

Jesus H. Christ. Come on CRS. I wasn't even happy playing for free last night. *facepalm*

HuskerGI aka Axishatr

Back to top Go down

Post by HaughtKarl Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:45 pm

The game is alive and kicking. Lots of targets last night.

See you in game Smile

/Stug

HaughtKarl

Back to top Go down

Post by HuskerGI aka Axishatr Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:51 pm

HaughtKarl wrote:The game is alive and kicking. Lots of targets last night.

See you in game Smile

/Stug

Lot's of targets...free play accounts. Seen lots of green tags running around lost. Seen a lot of the same drones to. Me included, but I'm free to play.

HuskerGI aka Axishatr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum