Post about the MMORPG.com forum

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Post about the MMORPG.com forum

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:47 am

There was a post running in OFF TOPIC...
It just got deleted, they are out of control.
Running it further into the ground, they havn't a clue.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://wwiioffline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Post about the MMORPG.com forum

Post by Szyporyn on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:02 am

You should not be posting as the admin account, but rather as yourself I think.

Admin account is when you need to bring out the banhammer, which you say you wont - so no need for admin really.... :-D

Szyporyn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WStriker on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:27 am

Yup, saw that one, and not really surprised by it at all.

WStriker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Szyporyn on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:27 am

Nothing they do surprise me anymore

Szyporyn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:55 pm

There will be absolutely no moderation here I can promise you.
The WWII Online forums are worse than North Korea right now.
It's an abomination.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://wwiioffline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pittpete on Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:56 pm

Yuppp sunny

pittpete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HaughtKarl on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:20 pm

Hopefully this place will gain more traction with the closure of the WW2OL forum at MMORPG. CRS' request to have the forum removed doesn't surprise me but MMORPG's agreement to do so does. Was it out of pity or were they sick of us?

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." I guess the criticism was just too much for CRS to handle and/or they thought critical posts would hurt business (lol).

HaughtKarl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cobray on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:40 pm

pittpete wrote:Yuppp sunny

Says Hero Builder Pittpete.
You were one of the reasons the MMORPG forum got closed between you and Stug always cheerleading for CRS.
You should have stuck to responding to CRS tickets on the troubleshooting forum.
Kind of odd how you change your opinion of the game that quickly.
Question

cobray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BodkinBarb3r on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:45 pm

I don't think they went because of what non players would see (assuming CRS being rational) as people would check out what the fuss is about.

I think what got them is that it was a catalyst for the degradation of their support which is mostly built on people having a lack of information and turning a blind eye to things. Most of the subscribers are adults who over many years the game has become a consistent activity . Alot of them say "i'll give it another year" etc and plob on but when they actually see what crs are doing and have done they realise "why am I paying this money when they trash the game?"

I won't name names but some people who not long ago were strong bastions in defending CRS they've since joined the ones who see the devs as useless. No disrespect to them of course, I think most of us would of been once strong supporters of the game and devs but we just came to our current conclusion at this time. The core hardcore supporters 'changing sides' is what they really fear as once the last 10-20% of old timers go then gameplay will collapse.

BodkinBarb3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pittpete on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:54 pm

cobray wrote:

You were one of the reasons the MMORPG forum got closed between you and Stug always cheerleading for CRS.
You should have stuck to responding to CRS tickets on the troubleshooting forum.
Question

LOL, not anymore.
This has to be the stupidest company I've ever seen.
They can't get the account system working which means no new players.
Games in the shitter and DOC takes a months vacation.
Not getting my $$$$ any more.
There are no hopes of getting a coder in.
It's just a said state.

pittpete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BodkinBarb3r on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:07 pm

cobray wrote:

Question

Pete being a 'supporter' is old news tbh. He can speak for himself of course though over time he was saying "WTF are you doing CRS?" I would assume that if he was against people at the time it probally was more down to some people's agenda. There where some pointless positive threads e.g. stug bumping on the Lagus and 'testimonials' lol but to be honest let them have their fun. I didn't get why some would feel the need and say "games going down the drain" on those threads as a) any neutral can see that the supporter/s are desperate anyway when they need to resort to such bumps and b) if your agenda is to persuade others then repeately being the one to insult and negatively makes you look the bad one and makes neutrals infact sympathetic to the other side.

BodkinBarb3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coldcrab on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:33 pm

Oh man i just [b]had[b]to create an account after seeing all this realness posted here and on that news page.

Looks like DOC and xoom are going to take more of those long vacations with that money they just pocketed from the ad campaign. There's not even development anymore they just take their paychecks and leave. True scumbags.

Coldcrab

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HaughtKarl on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:27 pm

Coldcrab wrote:There's not even development anymore they just take their paychecks and leave.

I sincerely believe that is the plan. As long as they have a pool of sycophantic players like Stug to draw money from then they can just kickback and coast on autopilot.

HaughtKarl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Argel on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:04 pm

Seriously I wouldn't usually bother entertaining a forum set up purely to bash CRS, but they deserve it for how they've acted on this.

Argel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Socom on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:12 pm

This company continually shows itself to be a backyard PoS indie company with its lack of professionalism or direction, all this despite having 11 years to consolidate and build from.

Also pittpete wanted to help the game, but the problem is he is open minded, and hence after learning how incompetent the company is and unprofessional (dickheaded) doc is, he hasnt posted many positives regarding CRS for a while now. He has a brain, that's why I like him.

He also linked me this website from MMORPG Smile.

Socom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pittpete on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:19 pm

Argel it wasn;t setup just to bash CRS.
It's here to let people vent.
The Official forums are shut down tighter than the Pentagon.
People need to talk about the game.
I don't want them to fail, but I need to vent.
I contributed to RA.
I heroed up.
I had 2 accounts I was paying for.
I gave $$$ to the advertisement drive on MMORPG.
I offered my services to CRS.
All we got in the last 5 months was a new video
They say they're working furiously to fix things.
They fix 1 thing and break another.
It's a sad state and only looks like aq money grab at this point in time.
My hero account funded DOC's vacation.
That pisses me off.

pittpete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Argel on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:14 pm

hey Pete dude, I didn't even mean it in a bad way! Yeah they lack any kind of public presence. The game is a closed shop as far as discussion, positive or negative and I think as much as CRS would like to think shutting down the MMORPG presence is the lesser of two evils, it actually hurts the game far more for it to not even warrant a mention on a website devoted to MMO's.

Argel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by david06 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:46 pm

I use Bing as my search engine. Searching "battleground europe" would have the main page and then the mmorpg.com forum section right under that, even above the wiki. Registration there was pretty easy and old players could get in touch, ask questions. So CRS just nixed a bunch of free press, and a link with a large community.

The mmorpg forum had been up since 2004 and through several spurts of hate-threads but for some reason they decided to take it down over what seemed to be fairly mild drama. So either I missed something that was posted and the game/staff was really incriminated by a post, or some builder subscribers were raising hell about being accused of cheating/plug-pulling in a public forum.

Anyway it does not appear that they are going to compensate for their reduced public presence by reaching out on other sites. I guess "tuberafter" is the game's official youtube channel? I still don't see any new buzzard cams or game play videos...

david06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BodkinBarb3r on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:46 pm

Argel wrote:Seriously I wouldn't usually bother entertaining a forum set up purely to bash CRS, but they deserve it for how they've acted on this.

Well tbh it's what you want to make of it. The guise of this is that it is unmoderated so people can say what they want about whatever issue.

This isn't some public promo website though so if someones just gonna be extreme and uber spam photoshoped promo's and spam 'testimonials' then deal with them pirat

One player. One honest opinion.

BodkinBarb3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BodkinBarb3r on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:57 pm

david06 wrote:I use Bing as my search engine. Searching "battleground europe" would have the main page and then the mmorpg.com forum section right under that, even above the wiki. Registration there was pretty easy and old players could get in touch, ask questions. So CRS just nixed a bunch of free press, and a link with a large community.

The mmorpg forum had been up since 2004 and through several spurts of hate-threads but for some reason they decided to take it down over what seemed to be fairly mild drama. So either I missed something that was posted and the game/staff was really incriminated by a post, or some builder subscribers were raising hell about being accused of cheating/plug-pulling in a public forum.

Anyway it does not appear that they are going to compensate for their reduced public presence by reaching out on other sites. I guess "tuberafter" is the game's official youtube channel? I still don't see any new buzzard cams or game play videos...

Would probably sound pompous on my part but the tom_servo guy really jumped in the deep end and really didn't know what he was doing. A illogical and desperate 'supporter' is just as embarrasing and damaging than a flood of haters, at least in the latter they could get sympathy.

BodkinBarb3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Argel on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:51 pm

BodkinBarb3r wrote:
This isn't some public promo website though so if someones just gonna be extreme and uber spam photoshoped promo's and spam 'testimonials' then deal with them pirat

If we're going to sit and spout off, I think it's only fair - and good for debate tbh - if others are allowed to defend CRS in any way they choose. Often, they look like idiots in the eyes of the beholder, plus clamping down on pro-CRS rhetoric is a bit hypocrtitical.

I say if it's unmoderated, it works both ways if you want to retain the moral high ground which we all currently have given how CRS has played this last week.

Argel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BodkinBarb3r on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:03 pm

Argel wrote:
BodkinBarb3r wrote:

If we're going to sit and spout off, I think it's only fair - and good for debate tbh - if others are allowed to defend CRS in any way they choose. Often, they look like idiots in the eyes of the beholder, plus clamping down on pro-CRS rhetoric is a bit hypocrtitical.

I say if it's unmoderated, it works both ways if you want to retain the moral high ground which we all currently have given how CRS has played this last week.

I was more refering to if they were going to be extreme and uber spam pointless things aka post a new image or testimonial every 5-10mins to try and drown anything. Basically if they're going to purposely spam show em the door

BodkinBarb3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Szyporyn on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:08 pm

"for reasons you can not know, and we will not tell you, we are right and you are wrong"

There is the CRS reply to whatever you wanna point out etc..

These guys are fantastic, and EVERYONE else are wrong - the ONLY reason WWIIol is not a smashing hit is because all of their customers (and near to all players in the world, apart from killemall) are idiots...

Szyporyn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pittpete on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Szyporyn wrote:"for reasons you can not know, and we will not tell you, we are right and you are wrong"

There is the CRS reply to whatever you wanna point out etc..

These guys are fantastic, and EVERYONE else are wrong - the ONLY reason WWIIol is not a smashing hit is because all of their customers (and near to all players in the world, apart from killemall) are idiots...

You forgot to lock it then Smile

pittpete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next