Being an ex moderator...

Go down

Being an ex moderator...

Post by Hastati on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:04 pm

Well too be honest I only became a moderator in 2012 - I have read the mod forums back a few years and comments from Mods/CRS regarding different things and I would always try to comment on new "bad posts" which are moved to the mod section. I would ask why Silky, or other mods had done something and occasionally I'd get 0 responses Laughing

Coincidentally after the renegade mod made his posts in the mmorpg forums I lost both my mod tools and access & my axis HC/Secure access.
In fairness I was not playing the game so i knew the HC removal was coming Arrow
I have a few stories from my time in HC i could share, I'll leave you for now with this one;

During bloody battles bronco69 was banned not too long after complaining allies had Dacs while we had nothing to deal with them (something a few of us active OKW members agreed with) Doc came on after to defend his decision Sleep.
OKW felt shafted by CRS in the makeup for bloody battles as the allies had been on a losing streak so every time the BB reset the winning conditions for axis became harder Very Happy but it was a secret internal OKW sop to win the BB regardless.

Axis lost the first one, but won the rest pretty hard as ALOT of OKW were pissed at CRS - to the point we strove to route divisions off to pissoff doc.
To make one point - Second to last one allies had to capture Bavay to win (3-4CP town, 1 hostile link with 3 armor flags available) while axis had to capture the "1 hostile link" that is a 3-4 AB town of Valencies which had many flags in it.

To make matters worse the only nearby axis airfield had 1 allied division front lining it while allies had 3 nearby backline airfields.
Now we didn't think this was fair but we were in it to win so we just went on with it but as Luftwaffe xo at the time i asked doc if he could do us a favor and .move the luft flags out of the frontline airfield and reset their fallbacks so they didn't route CONSIDERING A GODDAMN ALLIED DIVISON WAS NEXTDOOR. Doc obviously ignored me and later told me he wouldn't touch them.

Suffice to say OKW proceeded to route 1-2 divisions in retaliation to doc

I also have another story of before xoom became a rat (but a gm or something) - he called me out and disrespected me as a senior luftwaffe officer with junior officers present - i blatantly told him he was out of line and demanded an apology which he gave.
I never had any trouble talking to xoom, he knew were i stood and likely hated the fact OKW were quick to direct any negative comments to him

Hastati

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Being an ex moderator...

Post by CE on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:16 pm

I don't get sucked in to much by these kind of posts, but I'm intregued

CE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hastati on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:22 pm

CE wrote:I don't get sucked in to much by these kind of posts, but I'm intregued

On the bannboxx next to your name it used to say "Gamename change required to avoid permaban" while CE was permabanned, once they unbanned you CE was renamed to CE1 Very Happy

iirc cheapy had no comment next to his permaban

Hastati

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BodkinBarb3r on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:27 pm

TY for your insight. It was unfortunate that the first leak had a post of yours in but I think they would of been looking to get rid of you anyway considering what your squaddies get up to etc.

I'd say good on OKW for sticking put even when they knew they were up against it. However Bloody Battles was a complete load of bullshit. Was just a few towns and the same concentration of supply so you couldn't have like 50vs50 tank battles because it was mostly inf+armour vs inf+armour. Likewise they wouldn't want the Americans to have their ass handed to them as most of their subscribers are Americans who want to say "Go America! Oohwa" etc

BodkinBarb3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CE on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:47 pm

CE1 was a tow acc Smile

CE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pittpete on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:35 pm

As long as we're sharing DOC stories, i'd like to share my encounter with the asshole.
When the shit was hitting the fan last year, and the playerbase was kept in the dark I posted in a thread that I was pissed off with the lack of development and direction the game was going in.
I got a PM on the forums from DOC.
I'll post it here

His post made no sense.
I figured he must have some kind of mental problems or be a raging alcoholic.
I told him I'd respond but I didn't want to be banned.
He said go ahead, I won't ban you.
I then told him "you guys fucked up your game and have nobody to blame but yourselves"
Never heard back from him again.
He probably likes it better now that noone is left, so he can continue his powertrip and self righteous personality.

pittpete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by toxicpuke on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:59 am

I think everyone on map in the GHC has been told at one point or another to not do something at one point or another by crs. The problem is that now most of the best hc people have left after putting up with so much. There's a very slim chance that they will recover their numbers anytime soon either. Most people in hc at the moment would probably not recommend joining. At the same time theres a lot of people who have been in it and don't plan on coming back. Also they now have games coming out that may not have the 1/3 of Europe, but with maps 20km with modern graphic that's going to be some definite competition (Arma 3). At the same time modern flight Sims have a lot of offer also.

The last campaign i remember Igor giving one of the rats hell for moving a div from the south to center during low pop time. I heard this was because no one was on and they was getting pushed in the center. So it left us with 2 brigades vs a div to defend the south. Of course we couldn't move the div back in time and the allies got a massive cut off. I just happened to be on as the shit hit the fan and was being offered the mess Laughing . Anyone who plays late night knows that its nearly impossible to kill of a infantry brigade with the 15 people who normal play that time. So needless to say this had hc quite mad to see all their work in the south gone in one day.

I also got a ear full from one of my squad mates about hc not doing its job and how i wasn't either. With all the great personalities gone and crap flying through the air every day it seems like HC inst worth it anymore. Who wants to sit in a army base, fb, or cp for hours defend by your self? The other options are run a fru, or move brigades and look at the map for hours. HC doesn't really lead anyone. Squads and squad leaders lead people. HC just puts the ao's down for them.

toxicpuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hastati on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:00 am

Toxy> That one about igor was doc telling xoom to redeploy a division from training back onto the map - It was part of a routed division and the HQ was routed first so ahc put it back on the map alone which OKW routed it for a second time meaning when xoom came on the HQ was on fresh timers but the div was with hours of deploying.

current placement rules are HQs are needed to be deployed from training (ie the div is stuck in training tiill HQ ready)

AHC fucked up and was rewarded by doc ordering xoom to place the division 3 hours early into an area left weak by OKW because they were counting on having 3 hours to reposition.

Irregardless - After a mass breakout the axis were angry and pushed back to cut off the allies again and win this time.

from my 4 years mostly in the OKW i can tell you quite a number of campaigns were only won because CRS fucked up and that encourages axis to stay on Razz

Hastati

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by toxicpuke on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:15 am

Lol ya i remember that one. I'm talking about a different time though. The time where the allies pushed through the south and then went through march and cut off like 2 or 3 divisions. I could be wrong though on who's fault it was. Its not like we get to post and discuss this stuff in the crs forums. One good thing that will never change is igor will call BS when he sees it.

toxicpuke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HuskerGI aka Axishatr on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:43 am

pittpete wrote:As long as we're sharing DOC stories, i'd like to share my encounter with the asshole.
When the shit was hitting the fan last year, and the playerbase was kept in the dark I posted in a thread that I was pissed off with the lack of development and direction the game was going in.
I got a PM on the forums from DOC.
I'll post it here

His post made no sense.
I figured he must have some kind of mental problems or be a raging alcoholic.
I told him I'd respond but I didn't want to be banned.
He said go ahead, I won't ban you.
I then told him "you guys fucked up your game and have nobody to blame but yourselves"
Never heard back from him again.
He probably likes it better now that noone is left, so he can continue his powertrip and self righteous personality.

See here folks. This is why I, being the type of person I am, have a hard time wanting to "help" CRS out of the mess they are in. These quotes, which I have received personally from this guy, really touch a part of me that simply cannot fully get over it. There is no reason why a person who is part of a business should be allowed to talk to CUSTOMERS this way. Period. Why a troll, angry, hateful person like this is allowed to have contact with anyone besides his computer graphic screensaver girl is beyond me. I've been asked why I continue to linger around these "hate" websites. Well to those of you reading this connected to the company, it is things like this out of the mouth (fingers) of your staff. Not just your free community volunteers. YOUR PAID HIGH LEVEL IN HOUSE EMPLOYEES!!!!!!

Fix that and the hate I personally carry towards the company will fade. I don't have a better way of saying it. I think a poll would find the majority of us feeling the same way. Most conflict and then the ashes of what is left is usually started because of a direct connection to Doc.

Please fix that so we can enjoy the game again. Or is it beyond fixable?

For a company that needs money to feed children and house families, the communication and service is lacking great pieces from time to time......and that's just being honest, not hateful. I want to go back and play, but.........

HuskerGI aka Axishatr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HuskerGI aka Axishatr on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:05 pm

CE bud, what are your thoughts on this matter?

HuskerGI aka Axishatr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CE on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:20 pm

Honestly?

I think some of the guys on here are bat shit crazy lol.

Let CRS do what they want. If we can't log in because the server is down than be concerned.

If you can't log in because your banned- your own fault .

If you unsubbed- Your problem

If DOC pissed you off- grow up

If Xoom ripped you off or pissed in your corn flakes- Take it up with him

If AEF or CE or jsilec pissed you off- Good

If the mystery of stug is eating at you- That was prolly his plan

If forum mods erase your threads- zomg hang em all

If your gear was nerfed- Keep thinking that

If fat chicks gross you out- I agree

Bottom line huski babeh, it's a game. Log on or don't . It's a choice and a choice you all have. It's like a radio station. If you don't like the song , you change it. Simple as that.

Still lub my huski tho Smile

CE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HuskerGI aka Axishatr on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:35 pm

You don't mind being tongue lashed by doc? What other business can survive with a front and center guy acting like that to customers?

Yeah, I like the food at the café, but if the cook calls me a stupid fucker and leave if you don't want to lick my butt.........

Well man, that's hard to deal with.

I get all what you said, my issue is how not only I am treated but guys that have been here from DAY 1 also. You included.

I'm glad you got back in and have adjusted your thinking. I do question some of it, but that's just being human.

I need to see an attitude change and less gestapo like control before spending lots of my money again.

For me that is what it boils down to. The product isn't the best, but you add in the attitude of, say doc, and there is a cost issue.

Something has to change bud. I hope you can work to help their situation. But I feel a change at the helm will be the thing that actually makes them continue and we both know that wont happen, don't we?

HuskerGI aka Axishatr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HuskerGI aka Axishatr on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:52 pm

A change not for me, but for the community if the game is going to survive.

I just don't see that with the way they manage their community. It hasn't worked for 11 years....

Yes the game is still here and we can play, but I mean money wise. Right from DOC, "this game has never been in the black".

That's sad.

HuskerGI aka Axishatr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CE on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:55 pm

For sure husk. It's like any business, it will have its ups and downs. You will never please everyone. It's up to CRS to fix whatever problems they feel are needed. I'm sure they are fully aware of what's going on. Look at it this way, Xoom was put in his position for a reason, same with Doc and every other rat. It's not my call or yours ( meaning this forum) who does what within the CRS structure . We either deal with it or don't.

That restaurant huski, if the cook sai that, would you keep going back to be called it again? I doubt it. Most would just not go back . Than you dont have to pay. These guys are going around in circles with the same complaints.

I've been treated badly in the past,no doubt. I was bitter and 3 years ago if this thread was here you could be certain I'd be here venting as you all. But the difference is now that I realized it wasn't all about me. It was about others too. My actions affect my squad, my friends and my reputation. I say 99% of the axis hate me and if saw me would prolly try to jump me lol. I don't give 2 shits tho because I'm not here for the axis, I'm here for the allies and I will defend any allied player and any squaddie who is flamed or bashed by axis players who have nothing better to do than to do that. I'd defend 101st huski without a doubt if they were being flamed on here like AEF etc.

CE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CE on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:57 pm

85% of companies are in the red. But again husk, is CRS being in the red any of our business? Smile sure as hell isn't mine

CE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HuskerGI aka Axishatr on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:32 pm

Well I'm not flaming anyone but who needs it. CRS.

I have not been treated well since logging in the first time years ago. I have a flaw that I do not like having shit flung on me and then locked out of the fight while I continue to hear and see people poking fun at me through the thick glass. I do not like seeing money that was said to be used to FIX wwiol issues, when in fact I feel they used that money for RA dev., which has hurt wwiiol more than helped. That money was a waste, like most of us told them it would be, and could have been used to fix major lingering issues that drove the last few long time players/payers away.

That is what frustrates me the most CE. Builder money and all that begging for financial help and they didn't disclose what they were doing until the product was to be released. That ticked people off.

They were told Bloody Battles sucked and people would barely log on for it. That was to test the waters for their new product, RA, that was coming out hell or high water. When the receiving wasn't what CRS wanted they shoved it down peoples throats. TOLD THEM they were to like it.

However, most of us knew that CRS was out of its market and didn't have the money to push into COD markets. Nor did most of the current life support drone players of wwiiol want to play a COD. Wouldn't support it either.

In the end all of this is why I am so bent. Plus being banned because of telling them exactly what I told you. They didn't like it. They didn't like that a majority of the community agreed. They decided to muzzle those that didn't jump on the wagon. Sort of like what happened to you.

I'm glad you have been able to move on for the reasons you've chose. I am still waiting for my light of clearance to shine through. At this point it doesn't seem much has really changed.

CRS still really controls the map and outcome to much of the time for me to pay and donate hours of play to. I enjoy playing the game, but that lack of really making a difference in play because of the PR game behind the scenes keeps me from giving money away.

CRS still allowing DOC to be in contact with the community and well, employed, is another reason. I simply don't understand. I guess he was a big investor from the start and is basically part of the company as a co owner.

The gestapo control of any discussions (the ones before verbal wars break out because of over modding) also annoys me. You can't say anything and that sux for $18 per month.

Thanks for chatting. You knew most of this anyways from years of talking back and forth. The other guys maybe not so much.

I always say muzzling a upset customer is the worst possible thing you can do to them and your company. The only exception is allowing DOC to throw salt into the wound right before you cut them out of the community or your store. THAT really pisses people off and then you get what we see in these forums and others like it.

That sums it up.

HuskerGI aka Axishatr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HuskerGI aka Axishatr on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:35 pm

CE wrote:85% of companies are in the red. But again husk, is CRS being in the red any of our business? Smile sure as hell isn't mine

It sort of is when I get spam email 3 times a week begging for Steam votes, sub money, and Hero accounts. Plus the kickstarter begging and all the begging in the forums.

They want everything CE. They want our money and need it to "feed their families and put roofs over their heads" but tell us the success or failure of the company isn't our business......

Then stop asking for money and telling us all the doom and gloom stuff. Wouldn't you agree?

HuskerGI aka Axishatr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CE on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Yeah I could agree with that.

CE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pittpete on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:05 pm

On one hand you have them trying to get people to sub and behind the scenes DOC is driving players away with his arrogance.
Kind of counter productive if you ask me.
DOC should be banned from the forums and not be allowed to have contact with the forum members.

pittpete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HuskerGI aka Axishatr on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:15 pm

pittpete wrote:On one hand you have them trying to get people to sub and behind the scenes DOC is driving players away with his arrogance.
Kind of counter productive if you ask me.
DOC should be banned from the forums and not be allowed to have contact with the forum members.

I think this would help. Not because I dislike DOC, I'm not in a personal state of mind here, but in the mindset of "what can help this game grow again".

Ask yourself how many have left and said that doc was at least a portion or not all of the equation. Just a thought.

I hope xoom or ohm or someone gets a look at this even though they have no authority over doc. I am not sure anyone does. Maybe the owner of CRS/Playnet needs to be on these forums.......

HuskerGI aka Axishatr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Socom on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:23 am

Heh, back on topic, I remember itsbrad being banned for 5 days or so in 2009 over a battle in Dunkirque. Axis had 2(?) brigs in Dunk while the Allies had over a division surrounding it. Rats instructions to GHC was not to rotate supply or shift any new brigs into the town while the allies hammered the piss out of it, Highestlaw was either the MO or RO and followed rat instructions, but itsbrad blew up on chat and the forums about it. Needless to say Axis eventually lost it, but it was an epic fight, it was mostly at night (back when night = dark) - Id never seen so many ets and tracers.

Socom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hastati on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:43 pm

At least two of the last axis cincs have left OKW angry at CRS in the past 6 months lol
The last one even posted in the very senior forums about teh BS CRS was dishing out Smile

Hastati

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowBlade0 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:57 pm

Hastati wrote:At least two of the last axis cincs have left OKW angry at CRS in the past 6 months lol
The last one even posted in the very senior forums about teh BS CRS was dishing out Smile

Which CinC's?

ShadowBlade0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Szyporyn on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:58 am

Critics are what keeps a company on their toes and makes em grow. Not understanding this is one of the reasons they are loosing.

I especially hate the "we know what we are doing" when they are clearly not.

Szyporyn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down